Why would you want to watch UK Netflix in Canada? Aren’t they all the same? Unfortunately not, differing licensing agreements and regulations in different countries mean each Netflix catalogue is different.
Even though the size of the Netflix catalogue on the Canadian and UK versions are very similar, the makeup of those catalogues is very different. In many cases, the series you wish to watch may be available on Netflix UK but not Netflix Canada.
To watch UK Netflix in Canada, you will need to
- Sign up for Netflix on your computer or other device.
- Close Netflix down
- Sign up for a VPN
- Download and log in to the VPN
- Choose a UK server and connect to it
- Open Netflix and search for the series you wish to watch.
We will explain how to do all of the above below
1. Sign Up For Netflix
If you need to access the UK Netflix catalogue of the UK in Canada, then you likely have a Netflix account already. However, for the sake of completeness, we will go over this step first.
In order to create a Netflix account, you will need to provide some personal information, such as your name, email address, and payment method. Once your account is created, you can start watching immediately.
To open a Netflix account:
- Visit netflix.com and click “Join Free for a Month.”
- Enter your name, email address, and password.
- Select your payment method (credit card or PayPal).
- Click “Create Account.” You’re done!
Now that your Netflix account is created, you can start watching movies and TV shows right away.
2. Close Netflix Down
At this point, you should
- Sign out of Netflix
- Close Netflix on your computer or device
3. Sign Up For A NordVPN
A VPN (a virtual private network) allows you to connect to the internet through another server. This can provide privacy and security while you’re online. It can also be used to access websites that are blocked in your country.
There are many VPNs available, but not all of them work with Netflix. We have found that NordVPN still works well with Netflix.
To sign up for NordVPN
- Go to Nordvpn.com on either your computer or mobile device.
- Click get Nord VPN
- Choose your plan and sign up
- Download the VPN app to your computer or device.
- Sign in to the app
Are You Planning A Move To Canada?
Are you wondering whether to make the move and have endless questions?
We have the answers to these and many more questions.
4. Choose A UK Server And Connect To It
This is a fairly simple process on both your computer and mobile device.
When you sign in, you will see a map.
- Click on the map of the UK
- Click connect or quick connect.
That’s it. Your computer is now in the UK as far as Netflix is concerned
5. Open Netflix And Start Watching!
Now your computer is in the UK; you can open Netflix and watch UK Netflix in Canada. It will automatically serve you the UK catalogue, and you can begin watching your favourite Netflix UK series or movies.
Why We Use NordVPN
Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, HBO Now, Showtime, Sling TV… the list of streaming services that NordVPN can access goes on and on. In addition to being able to unblock all of these popular streaming platforms from anywhere in the world, NordVPN offers some great features, like military-grade encryption and a strict no-logs policy.
If you’re looking for a great streaming experience, plus the security and privacy that NordVPN provides, then be sure to check out our list of the best VPNs for streaming. You won’t regret it!
NordVPN is one of the few VPNs that can unblock all of the most popular streaming platforms, including Netflix.
Pro Tip 1 – Use Your VPN To Stream Other Services
BBC Iplayer, Hulu, HBO GO, and Amazon Prime are all great streaming services that you can use with a VPN. Each service has its own library of movies and TV shows that you can watch. If you have a subscription to one of these services, you can use a VPN to access it from anywhere in the world.
Pro Tip 2- Use Your VPN To Access Netflix Libraries From Around The World
As previously mentioned, Netflix catalogues vary considerably from country to country. Can’t find what you want in the UK or Canada? There is a strong possibility you can find it elsewhere in the world.
To find out which countries are showing your favourite shows use Flixwatch. It has an up-to-date database that you can search for.
See the examples below (as of Jan 2022)
- Wallander – Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- Call the midwife – Ireland, UK, USA, Isle of Man
- Last Tango in Halifax – USA
- Miami Vice – Belgium, Denmark, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Norway, Philippines, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand
- Starsky and Hutch (The Movie) – France, Ireland, UK, USA